|Documentation:||The DBAbstract Server Project||Diagrams:|
The presented project is a graduation thesis implemented in Java and tries to take a unified approach to database connections and accomplish the following:
· Connections to various relational databases on various platforms and with various proprietary implementations (using JDBC) by using only one partially complying JDBC driver on the Client side.
· Database connection reusability by building a connection pool.
· Secure connection between client and the middleware server.
· Easier administration of database access by adding the middleware layer between user and database.
· Easier change of database manufacturer with no implications to the back-end database user.
· Data duplication in backup databases without the direct knowledge of the client.
· Distributed network architecture of this middleware server solution.
· Cross Platform Testing and usability of the middleware server solution.